Thursday, January 24, 2013

January faves

Here are my current beauty faves this month - - -


1 - Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Crème Brulee. This is my favorite nude lip product out of all that I have tried. Some of the color of my lips still peeks through, as opposed to a true nude that I find completely washes me out. Plus, this formula works for me because the Lip Butters are moisturizing and very wearable.

2 - Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup. Because I have acne prone, oily skin, I have tried what feels like a million concealers to try to find one that doesn't break me out or make my face very oily. This is the best one I have ever found! This contains 0.5% Salicylic Acid and really cuts down on the oiliness. The only thing I don't like about this is the lack of shades. I think there are maybe 5 or 6 shades, if that. Because I am treating acne with prescription creams and face wash on top of using this which contains the Salicylic Acid, sometimes my face does get a little dry, but I just apply oil at night to combat that. Plus, this is buildable and really does a good job at helping cover acne scars and hyperpigmentation. Acne is a cruel cycle lol. I bought this at Macy's for around $25 I believe; making it also the least expensive concealer I've tried. I would not suggest using this around the eye area because of the Salicylic Acid.

3 - Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. This is kind of like a creamy gel that feels amazing. I don't use this everyday because it doesn't have SPF but apply it to dry spots whenever I need a little extra moisture. I love applying this to my neck and décolleté because it  is just so luxurious feeling!

4 - Lorac Take A Brow in Brunette. I bought this at a Sephora in Las Vegas about 6 or 7 years ago and am still using it! It contains two shades of brown, one light and one darker, and a clear stay-put brow wax. I only use the lighter shade because, for me, the darker one is just a little too severe because I am so fair skinned. This little kit has traveled all over the US with me and is a definite makeup staple. When I was home visiting in NY recently, I saw that Ulta now carries it (but not in my store in VA). Yes this is $22 but I can honestly say that I have spent more on much less useful things.

5 - tarte eyelash curler. Just my luck that tarte came out with this adorable pink and purple ikat design eyelash curler right as my old one was on its last leg. I found this at Ulta for $16. It also came with a mini mascara that I always stash away for traveling.

6 - L'Oreal Voluminous Original mascara in black. I was torn about this mascara when I first purchased it but it has definitely grown on me. This makes such an impact that I love to wear it on days when I feel kind of blah. It isn't the smoothest mascara so beware of some clumps, but it delivers on big, notice-me lashes that will open up your eyes and make you feel glamorous.


No comments:

Post a Comment