Friday, December 28, 2012

Ciate Sequined Manicure



This was another awesome Christmas gift that I received. I love this because it's something I never would have bought for myself. I'm a pretty practical person so, while I may have seen this and wanted it, I would probably never actually purchase it. But that's the fun in gifts - sometimes you just get really cool, whimsical things!

 

This is a sequined manicure kit by Ciate. I've never purchased anything from this company but I was familiar with the name because their caviar manicures have recently become very popular and are all over the Sephora website.


It really was as simple to apply as the instructions on the back of the box indicate. I've only used it this one time so far, but I would suggest doing it over a table so that you can easily wipe away any stray glitter. Luckily, the glitter is pretty large so you don't have the problem of trying to clean up that vey fine glitter dust that never seems to really go away. I, however, did this while sitting on the couch...I definitely do not recommend that.



The kit comes with a pot of multi-color glitter, sequin glitter grip polish and a mini brush. All you have to do is:
- Remove any nail polish, including base coat, from your nails
- Apply one coat of the glitter grip polish and let dry
- Working on one nail at a time, apply a second coat of glitter grip and gently roll into the glitter pot
- Gently press down the glitter on your nail and use the mini brush to sweep away any excess
- Apply a final top coat of glitter grip over the nail and allow dry for 15-20 minutes
- Done!
 
 
I just did it on one nail to try it out. I can't yet speak to how easy or hard it will be to remove but the instructions claim that it will be easy. We'll see. I like glitter polish but my only hang-ups are that sometimes it can take forever and lots of work to remove. Because these are bigger pieces of glitter and they are applied on top of polish and not mixed in with polish, I'm optimistic that it won't be a treacherous task.

No comments:

Post a Comment